Sunday, September 24, 2006

Hello Internet

After much procrastination I have finally got around to creating a blog. My primary intent in doing so was to create an online account of my upcoming sojourn through Asia, possibly Europe and eventually the UK. In all probability however it will quickly degenerate into something far less constructive than this.

A quick note on the URL and title of said blog for the uninitiated: Firstly the URL is close enough to the literal translation of my surname. As for the blog name itself, I was tossing up a few possible names including 'The Blog of Eternal Stench', 'Blog Roll' and my favourite 'SpotBog'. As you can see I'm really trying very hard to make a bad word pun work. On some level I'd like to think I've succeeded.

In other more news worthy news; tickets are booked! My last day in this fair country for the foreseeable future will come to pass on Friday 6/10. This auspicious occasion will see me jetting off (on points primarily earned from work I might add) to the fair and not at all politically unstable destination of Bangkok. I shall then take a few days to see the sights of a big, smelly city after which I will train it down to Koh Samui for a month of having the snot beaten out of me.

Before this can occur I have a SHITLOAD of little gay tasks that whilst not very exciting must be completed prior to bugger-off day; selling my car not least amongst them.

Finally, in consumer related news I have recently purchased a new digital camera as can be seen below:



This camera meets the requirements of being both new AND shinny and hence I feel I have fulfilled my capitalist responsibilities for the month in addition to having that warm fuzzy feeling of owning new stuff. Big shout out to Tangles for facilitating said purchase.

Later internet.

12 Comments:

At 2:04 am, Blogger tangles said...

yay!!!!!! Nice to have you on the internet!

Well done with all of your purchases - specially plane tickets!

 
At 2:30 am, Blogger tangles said...

hello.....? I am having trouble commenting here. Maybe I am too risque for your blog?

 
At 2:30 am, Blogger tangles said...

ooooh..... I see.... comment moderation huh? Well now theres a thing!

 
At 8:32 am, Blogger K said...

Comment moderation? WTF, mate? It IRKS!

Otherwise, yay! Chris updates in a different form! Please use the new camera for pics to be posted to delight and entertain us!

Will there still be emails, though?

Yours sincerely,

Demanding Friend.
xxxx

 
At 10:39 am, Blogger dr. cok said...

Ok, this comment moderation thing sucks arse. I am not getting that hot heady rush I normally associate with making a post on the internet, presuming I'm not menopausal.

Boom-tss! I'll be performing out the front of a 7-11 near you sometime soon, pissed as a newt.

 
At 4:36 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice camera, looking forward to catching up in Thailand and seeing you turn black and blue!

 
At 4:39 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And be a little scared, drinking is the main (only) pastime on Samui....

 
At 6:59 am, Blogger -Feebz- said...

Well I WAS going to be the first to post on your spanky new blog, but it wouldn't let me!.....so I'm number 3! (better thank number 2, methinks....)

P.

XOX

 
At 7:00 am, Blogger I-Rock said...

Welcome to the neighbourhood!

 
At 2:41 pm, Blogger -Feebz- said...

Than, even...

 
At 6:31 pm, Blogger tangles said...

I sent a whole lotta cool comments off into the ether... now I feel their loss and don't know what to say...

...'cept welcome aboard cowboy!!! Yeeehaaaa!!

 
At 12:20 am, Blogger ceedy said...

Sorry faithful internet followers. I had to make some changes to settings to allow publishing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home