Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Temp name - brain not good

My tour of Thailand has come to somewhat of a grinding halt curtesy of a relaxing couple of weeks with the peace and clarity of thought a non-alcohol revenged mind can provide. All this is about to get a bit of a shot in the arm however and travel plans to Koh Tao and Laos/North-Eastern Thailand are currently surging ahead being driven with some force by a looming Visa expiration date.

Koh Tao is supposed to have some of the best diving in Thailand so after a week of that it’s back to Samui for a few days to catch up with people before jetting off to Laos to avoid small but aggressive Thai immigration officials.

We have been keeping busy however with more wholesome pursuits such as tennis (the second game of which Marcelle had a spectacular fall which resulted in a very swollen ankle). We did go out to a club for the farewell party of an English chap, the highlight being a delicious Korean BBQ with Pan, Marcelle and 10 reasonably camp Thai friends of Pans. Before we left the restaurant to go clubbing (well ‘club’, as it turned out to be singular) several of the boys pulled out makeup kits and proceeded to ‘doll themselves up’ prior to departure.

In addition, I’ve been trying to learn as much Thai cooking as I can. As far as I can tell, if you have fish sauce, oil, soy sauce and chilli you’re well on your way to most dishes.

Anyway, some pictures of stuff.

A picture-sque waterfall we happened upon (after a rather vigorous hike).

First free house I stayed at in Samui.
Picture of said camp Thai gentlemen.
Evil fish. I'm glad it's dead (and delicious too!).

13 Comments:

At 3:55 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmmmm.... snapper?

 
At 4:41 am, Blogger tangles said...

Nice to get some news from the sunny happy non-working people!

I can't imagine how much fun you have been having. You must be looking forward to returning to the working life so much...

 
At 9:15 am, Blogger -Feebz- said...

My word! what on earth did you do to the poor alcohol for it to want to wreak its revenge on you??!

 
At 5:08 pm, Blogger Nathan P. Mahney said...

OK

Picture of little dog.

Picture of cooked dead thing with suspiciously dog-like jaws.

You're not fooling us!!!

 
At 4:30 am, Blogger K said...

oh yes - I agree with MAHNEY. Accidental caps.

Wow - you think you know someone.

That's a lot of bofties in one pic.

xxx

 
At 7:54 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

'Bofties'; chortle.

 
At 4:18 pm, Blogger Nathan P. Mahney said...

There is nothing accidental when my name is capitalised. It's a natural phenomenon.

 
At 2:23 am, Blogger K said...

It sounds like I'm yelling at you, which would be rude as we've never met. Actually it would be rude fullstop.

x

 
At 3:40 pm, Blogger Nathan P. Mahney said...

No, it's cool - anything that makes my name bigger is fine by me.

 
At 7:40 am, Blogger K said...

PFNNU

 
At 9:58 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bless you!???

 
At 10:35 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PEOPLE FOR NEW NEWS UNITE!

 
At 9:30 pm, Blogger tangles said...

I agree. Now that I know what it means. I mean, you don't understand Chris. Cast your mind back.. far back.. remember .. there was a desk.. you were an office worker... there was the boredom.. THE BOREDOM ... THE BOOOOOOREDOOOOOM. And the days when you were hungover and haaaad to wooooooork anywaaaaay.

We need new news!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home