Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Nose & grindstone

London in Summer is much like Melbourne in Winter as far as I can tell. More rain though. On the up side the days are quite long which means riding to work on my new-fangled two wheeled transportation device is a doddle. I ended up buying the biggest hybrid bike I could find which turned out to be a 25 inch (65cm) Trek FX7.5. I have ridden the 10 miles to work most days and, until today, was pretty lucky in avoiding the rain.

Apart from that it's been mostly nose down, bum up since returning from the swamp masquerading as a music festival. A notable exception was last-last weekend which saw my flatmate James and I get drunk with no sleep on both Friday AND Saturday night. And all powered by Vodka & Redbull.

Also, I had a flying trip to Cork last Wednesday/Thursday but as I only really saw the airport, the hotel and a conference room Ireland is still on the list. The girls accent does sound hot however so I predict future trips. In fact, I think judging travel based on the hotness of the locals accent is as good a way as any to plan travel.* This being the case France, Spain and Italy are all on the list.

I also though I'd include some more mundane photos for the fun of it.

A view of the Themes from my window at work. I have my own balcony.
A shot of the outside of the flat where I'm staying.
A painting in the lounge room which is fecken awesome
Chia and I also went to a Dali exhibition on the weekend which was interesting. Will hopefully go and see a Shakespeare play at some point to try and squeeze in as much culture as possible. Finally, trying to get tickets to the 'V' festival this year which looks pretty good so that should be fun also. Hopefully less mud than Roskilde though....

* Except for perhaps judging the actual hotness of the locals.

9 Comments:

At 3:40 pm, Blogger m said...

Have you turned into a beefcake yet? All that riding and visits to the gym must be helping the cause.

Your view from your office looks very pleasant, relaxing even.

 
At 8:08 am, Blogger ceedy said...

Unfortunately it has now been 2 weeks since my last gym visit and riding tends to reduce make me loose weight rather than gain it but I'm still working on it.

Work is in a good spot; nice view, good pubs, pretty area, gym next door. It ain't too bad.

 
At 12:54 pm, Blogger m said...

Glad to hear it. Where did that painting come from? Did J&A get it on their travels?

 
At 2:37 am, Blogger tangles said...

Rain - well, there are the biggest floods in recorded HISTORY happening at the moment so the fact that it is all a leeeeetle DAMP shouldn't come as a crapping surprise. Having said that, it SUCKS ARSE and I have a WINTER COLD even though it is summer time and a bad case of the CAPITALS and other sundry madnesses. Like a balloon to the wind, my sanity has taken leave of its erstwhile heady perch and now floats on the breeze of discontent.

Also - nice bike!

 
At 4:26 am, Blogger K said...

ooooh, a balcony.

Do you have a banana lounge set up yet?

 
At 9:32 am, Blogger K said...

so whats noo noos?

 
At 6:09 am, Blogger ceedy said...

M - Yep, J&A acquired it in Veitnam

C - Um, yes. Just take it easy OK? **backing away slowly**

KT - My life is dull. Very little news to report I'm afraid.

 
At 9:56 am, Blogger K said...

make something up then.

last night i partied with mixmaster mike!

see? that was interesting.

 
At 5:10 pm, Blogger m said...

Bit too much grindstone!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home