Stupid volcano
Well, as my dear sister in law kindly points out, my 3 day trip to Singapore turned into a 9 day trip and included Hong Kong thanks to a certain unpronounceable Icelandic volcano.
I am finally back in the UK having had to play my best sob-story to actually get a seat home this month. I did sit next to Gordon Ramsey on the flight home though I’m not sure if this should be seen as a positive or negative thing.
Singapore is lovely with lots of green space and everyone speaks English but it just seems a bit soulless. Maybe I just didn’t visit the right bits. Had a few fun nights out though with the high-light being a transvestite band busting out 80’s and 90’s hits, then Karaoke until 6am, then a headache.
Hong Kong is also crazy busy but seems to have a lot more character. I’m not sure what exactly defines this, just a sensation of culture and history that seems lacking in Singapore. And the food is better. Also had a big night out here and followed it up the next day with some Pilates; not a hang over cure I would recommend.Anyways, back in the UK and I’m sure the monotony of life will quickly wither this brief spring of blog activity.

1 Comments:
April... Surely more has happenned since? Sorry for not keeping a closer eye on your activities dude. Hope all is well. Will send you a long facebook message soon.
Post a Comment
<< Home