T'is the season...
... for blooming flowers, sun drenched days and randy geese. The building I work in is right on the banks of the river Themes and the coming of Spring has also meant the coming of many raucous and ruttish geese. The sound made by an over-excited goose as he chases his beloved (or otherwise; I don't pretend to know if geese's are monogamous or not) is truly earsplitting. A randy goose chasing the caboose of a lady goose is second in it's tumultuous displays only to that of people. Or maybe it's just me...
I have been a very boring Australian of late. The last month has seen only one outing of note with A LOT of time to myself. Not such a bad thing but I will hopefully get back on the alcohol fueled horse again soon. I DID ride to Brighton last weekend for a charity event so a big THANK YOU to everyone who donated. I've got 100 squid so far and my work has promised to match the final amount so great work everyone. The day itself turned out to be most eventful as I lost track of my ride buddy James within about 10 miles of the start, the result of which was A) my saddlepost bag breaking and me putting it (and all it's contents like money, phone, bus ticket, etc) in James backpack and B) 25000 people flooding the road. This meant that what was suppose to be a fun day out riding with a mate became a very solitary affair for both of us. Additionally, since I had no cash and could not remember Jame's or my mobile number I didn't eat for the duration of the 70 mile ride and was most unsure of how the hell I was going to get home without either my pre-purchased bus ticket or any cash. Ended up catching up with JT in Brighton, had a quick beer and then caught the bus home. Apart from my rather large woopsy it was a cracking ride with some beautiful scenery and, generally, very compliant weather.
I've also finally decided on buying a motorbike. A very poor decision financially but a good one from a 'but-I-really-want-one' perspective. Anyway, for those that are interested, after much indecision I have decided to go with this one.
I rode down to Richmond park today and parked my arse in some woods overlooking a field and read a book. It was a good day.

5 Comments:
the bike doesn't look too bad in white. it's probably the third best colour they have!
Har-de-har. I actually like the orange one.
Oh deary me! mind you, in blue, that is one DAMNED sexy bike!
Oooh... mile-munching!
Hey Bud, what's news?
Post a Comment
<< Home