Friday, January 04, 2008

Ho Ho Ho. You heard me.

Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes! Very appreciated indeed.

That out of the way, it gives the opportunity for a quick festive season activity roundup: Christmas eve was uneventfully spent at home with a bottle of red and a box of tissues*. Christmas day I rode over to Brixton where Chia and Serena had thoughtfully invited me over for the day. There was much cooking, drinking, eating, eating and eating. And more drinking. Then sleeping. Christmas well spent in my book.

My birthday was again fairly dull as my attempt at belatedly organising drinks where to no avail as pretty much everyone I knew was out of London on holiday or otherwise engaged. Anyway, I ended up having to work and as it was raining I canceled plans with the loyal few who had said they would come. I did however end up going out to see a small circus troupe perform which was entertaining.

A rather entertaining weekend later and I was off to Brussels on the Eurostar for my first train journey into Europe. After disembarking we had a casual stroll through downtownish Brussels en route to a delightful meal. It was then off to a karaoke bar before finally ending up a dodgey bar filled with people of debatable sexuality to see out 2007. Generally an action packed 2007 it has to be said with big geographical moves and meeting more new people than at any other point in my life previously. Thanks to everyone back home for your support over the year and everyone in Blighty who make it so easy to stay.

A picture of a Church in Brussels.

In other non-festive related news our hot water service, which also provides our heating, has shat itself. In fact it shat itself some time ago and we've been doing without running hot water for several weeks. However the onset of Winter proper has motivated us to try and motivate the plumbers to shift their cracks our way.

Anyway, here are some other unrelated photos I finally got around to downloading.

The London Eye. Der.

My walk to the station on a chilly morning.
* I had a cold. Sickos.

5 Comments:

At 8:14 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah - happy birthday! I sent out my best wishes on the actual day via mental telepathy. It's not my fault if you did not get them, but that of your undersensitive brain.

 
At 3:40 am, Blogger K said...

he he.

sickos.

that sux about your birthday, you can share mine in a canadian way maybes?

 
At 6:03 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now listen hear young lady - there's nothing wrong with two grown men sharing in mental intercourse of some kind or another. Just kindly turn your head the other way, please.

 
At 9:31 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Choco! I can't remember if I said it previously, but I'm assuming I probably forgot.
Like Mahney I sent you wishes via telepathy. And Happy Birthday to you too Mahney! Also sent via telepathy on the day. :o)

 
At 6:06 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course! I could your mental powers despite the great gulf of distance between us!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home