Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Down under, over and out.

After a heady month abroad I find myself back in London. It actually feels like I was coming home which is a good sign but at the same time it was good to get back to Australia to catch up with everyone and I guess one day I’ll eventually end up back there. Anyway, this blog entry is primarily to stave off sleep and hence try not to get too jet-laggy.

My first two weeks back home were work related and there seems to be a lot of potential in the Australia/NZ market. If I ever get the urge I doubt it would be too hard consulting in that market but for now there should be some interesting customers. After a few day in Melbourne and a quick catch up with Tim, Michelle and Mahney it was off to NZ. My overwhelming impression of Wellington was the cold weather, beautiful scenery and large quantities of Kiwis. I know the last shouldn’t have surprised me but my brain has become accustomed to that accent being the exception rather than the rule. Auckland also seemed alright from the day I saw of it. The weekend was spent in Sydney getting trashed, catching up with Marcelle and working. Ian (my counterpart from the Hong Kong office) and I then had three heady days in Canberra which, whilst mostly positive and productive, where also pretty dull as is Canberra’s way.

I returned from Canberra just in time to catch the end of Chia’s drinks. In addition to meeting some of her lovely friends I also got to spend the wee hours of Thursday morning in a Kings Cross strip club (it was the only place still serving drinks, honest). The next morning I had a 8AM breakfast meeting (that I was surprisingly only a few minutes late for) however as I had trouble keeping the contents of my stomach down and, I was later to be informed by my non-pulsed colleague, still stank of grog I’m not sure I made the best of impressions.

T’was then (theoretically) holiday time so I caught a flight to Melbourne before catching up with Haden, Kat and Laura, the Heard clan and finally my mother and sister etc. Nextly it was back up to Melbourne (in the car, A.K.A. Coonomobile, very graciously lent to me by my brother) to finally see Mat and Katie before catching up with Cheese and Knackers. This evening culminated in Steve sleeping in a dog bed. Torquay was next on the list which saw much drinking and much surfing. Then back to Melbourne to catch up with a VERY trashed group of girls headed by the principle trash bag herself, Katie.

Anyway, there was then a wedding and stuff which will be my next post. I’ve managed to stay up to 6:40PM which is good enough in my book. Pictures and less tired content to follow.

3 Comments:

At 4:20 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If i were in that business meeting I'd worry less about the boozey guy and more about his colleague without a pulse!

It was nice to meet you in person choco after all the stories from your various fans.

Cheers!

 
At 5:19 am, Blogger ceedy said...

Thanks Brodie. It was a pleasure meeting you and Emma also.

All the best for your new Australian life. Keep chasing Summer I say.

 
At 8:52 am, Blogger K said...

awww, two lovely guys in one space - you really did pack it in and you haven't even got to the fish stabbing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home