Tuesday, October 09, 2007

The water cools, the leaves they fall, the sun it bends, the summer ends.

On the 16/9/07 Robert Jordan, author of the Wheel of Time series, died from complications brought on by cardiac amyloidosis. The last released volume in the series was volume 11 and Jordan stated that the 12th book, even though it could be 1500 pages would definitively be the final volume. It is still unknown whether this final volume will ever be completed although Jordan is said to have revealed all the plot elements to family members. A tragic loss to the literary world but lets face it, 12 books for a series is probably a bit excessive and should be a sign for George R. R. Martin to get his skates on.

Rugby is a gay sport I've decided and only gay countries are good at it. I went to watch the the Australia V England game on Saturday with the expectation that England would loose. It wasn't until the last 10 minutes that I realised I was one of about 10 people (of maybe 200 0r more) who wasn't cheering for England. This on top of a massive headache from the previous nights activities didn't result in a great Saturday.*

There is a curry place up the road which, whilst generally serving decent food, seems rarely to be the food I actually order. We don't really understand each other very well and whenever I do a telephone order they usually get the type of meat right but the actual dish tends to be completely random. I had a 'butter chicken' last night that almost killed me.

Also met up with some girls I knew from Uni last Friday. It's probably been 4 years since I last saw them and we end up getting trashed on the other side of the world. Very random but also very fun.

Latest travel plans stand at me being in Australia from the 9/11 - 6/12. The first two weeks will start with a couple of days in Melbourne then the rest in Sydney. I've got a 3 day stop over in Syria for a conference which will be interesting. Holidays start on the 23/11 back in Melbourne. Anyway, it'll be good to catch up with everyone and avoiding a bit of Northern hemisphere winter won't hurt either.

*Update. Being in England with the English in the final having beaten France is unbearable. There is few overt comments, just lots of little snide remarks.

5 Comments:

At 10:17 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If your going to be in Melb from early November we must catch up a bit before the 17th.. I go to Byron Bay then for a week so I'll probably have to miss the Matt festivities sorry.. will send a better response asap.

I'll try and get in touch with you soon for a chat too.

 
At 9:02 am, Blogger K said...

Yes, you should move here. I know you didn't make that point overtly, but it was implied.

London is so 2006.

 
At 4:52 am, Blogger ceedy said...

I reckon I a few years behind you KT so that would make London so 2008 which fits about right. Next stop Canada I think.

Tim: email me you little bastard.

 
At 12:14 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well Chicken agrees with me.

 
At 11:42 pm, Blogger tangles said...

Oi! Keep up the fine work with the blogging... you were the last-ish bastion.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home